We’ve been on this LCHF way of eating for a couple of weeks now, and I’m starting to miss bread a bit. Not so much bread itself, but something I can hold my peanut butter together with. 🙂
I’m impatient at the best of times, so wanted a quick and easy recipe. I’m so Martha Stewart right now. Without the jail time.
So I made an Almond Loaf – check it:
1.5 cup almond flour (actually I used almond meal)
0.5 tsp sea salt
1.0 tsp baking soda
1.0 tsp honey
1.0 tsp vinegar*
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix ingredients with a fork.
3. Bake for 30 mins (less, if baking in one of the Village Bakery machines).
* I’m not sure why you need vinegar – I’m sure the experienced bakers out there can tell me… I’ve read it could be:
1. For flavour;
2. As acidity to deactivate amylase which would otherwise break down the pentosans. Or something;
3. As a preservative;
4. The reaction between vinegar and baking soda causes bubbles, enabling bread to rise.
If you know the correct answer, I’d love to hear from you!