OK, day 1.5 into this low-carb high-fat eating plan.
Started off well:
- Breakfast – bacon and eggs;
- Mid-morning snack – nuts, some fruit (I’ve decided the lines are grey around the issues of fruit. I am half Asian after all…) 🙂
- Lunch – chicken salad.
I FEEL GREAT! THIS IS EASY!
- Major slump, dizziness on standing up;
- Only the thought of admitting defeat prevents me from going to the freezer to defrost and eat a whole loaf of bread;
- Start to see little cartoon characters made out of rice and bread in everything I do. Does that mean I’ve psychotic? Do they have carbs in psych facilities?
- Broken through the pain;
- Eagerly awaiting dinner – my favourite – tacos.
I LOVE TACOS!
- Ate tacos so fast I now have severe belly ache…
I STILL LOVE TACOS!
- Feel like a marine who has survived hell week;
- IS THAT A SIX-PACK I SEE?
- Feeling encouraged, go to sleep dreaming of fruit toast…
- Exhausted – not sure if this is because I am dying (ok maybe some slight dramatisation) or because our teething boy (who sounds suspiciously like a cat in heat) kept us awake all night;
- Go for a workout and CANNOT FINISH. Lie puffing on the equipment in the gym looking like someone with a pack-a-day habit;
- Post-workout: methodically and repeatedly pick up, inspect and put down all forms of carbohydrate in the kitchen. Cry a little. Eat scrambled eggs, pretending they’re cake.
Ask my husband how he’s feeling – expecting him to complain about the eating plan…
“Fine, why? How do you feel?”.