Well, we’re past the 7 month post-delivery mark and after a few hiccoughs (moving house, being sick, any and all things associated with having a kid), we’re getting back into the swing of things.
Workout this morning:
- 7 rounds in 14:06
- 7 thrusters (8kg DB)
- 7 crunches (3kg medicine ball)
- 7 push ups
- 7 DB swing (10kg)
The gym had a sign that said “stop immediately if you feel breathless, tired or have pain”. I had all three. Stupid sign.
Another major hiccough in the last week has been our boy teething.
Before child: “why do people always go on about teething? Seriously, it can’t be that big a deal…”
- 3am: awoken by crying baby. I wake up husband as well because sharing is caring 🙂
- 4am: we have exhausted all known teething relief options – repeated feeds, cold teether, baby bonjela, baby Panadol – baby still crying
- 5am: baby still crying – parents looking like they’ve just finished a 2-day rave (minus the relaxing lounge music)
- 6am: baby finally asleep lying prone on Dad. Parents querying whether he is really asleep or whether we’ve somehow accidentally overdosed him
- 8am: parents wake up late for work and madly rush about – baby sleeping soundly as if nothing has happened
So hence the reason for my next blog entry – TEETHING! Everyone has their advice that they swear by (if you have anything that really works, please post it here in “comments”)… In the meantime I’ll look at the literature…